2019-2020 Important Dates
- County Coordinators provide the Florida History Day office with the following item by this date:
- County Entry Form, with contact information for the local coordinator(s). The $100 county entry fee, payable by check or purchase order to the Friends of the Museums of Florida History Inc., is due by March 8.
Counties complete school and county contests by this date.
Deadline for paying the $100 county entry fee.
- County coordinators provide the Florida History Day office with the following items by this date:
- Online registration of first- and second-place county winners who will advance to the state competition.
- County Coordinators provide the Florida History Day office with the following items by this date:
- All advancing students must be registered online for the state contest by this date.
- Original copies of the Student Registration Forms with student, teacher, and parent signatures [Coordinators should keep a copy of the forms].
- Name(s) of of the Outstanding County Award recipient(s).
- Historical Paper Entry Form and four copies of each paper entry.
- Website Entry Form with URLs for entries.
- County History Day Statistics Form.
- Names of students with special needs attending the state contest.
- Deadline for teacher award nominations: Florida Teacher of Merit, Mayflower Outstanding Teacher, James F. Harris Award (NHD)
- Deadline for student applications for FHD special prizes.
- Deadline for student scholarship nominations:Mayflower Legacy Scholarship and National Maritime Historical Society Scholarship.
- Student access to website entries closes on this day.
- Florida History Day State Competition
- The State Contest is held at Tallahassee Community College. The Awards Ceremony is held at the Donald L. Tucker Civic Center.
Registration and Exhibit Setup
Registration and Competition Judging (Daytime)
- National History Day competition
- The national contest is held at the University of Maryland, College Park.